Saturday, December 20, 2008

Miracle on Costco Street


No kidding, I seriously met Mr. Claus at Costco the other day! The meeting was so charming, I just had to tell you.

I was reaching into a bin of rolled-up, all-weather rugs when I realized I had no hope of hoisting one them out of there. I looked up, and there was a man with a white beard and shall we say, a respectable girth passing by me. He came near when I asked for help and I saw the name "John Claus" on his Costco employee badge. "Is your name seriously Mr. Claus, or are you just having some fun with the holidays?"

He bowed slightly, and with a voice soaked in kindness he replied, "I, John Nicholas Claus the Second, am at your service, my little angel."

Well, too bad I didn't have my black patent leather mary janes on, I would have curtsied. "Pleasure to meet you, Santa."

No comments: